School Uniform Grant
School uniform and equipment grant
Welsh Government has introduced a Pupil Development Grant (PDG) Access Grant. This is to provide grant assistance to families on low incomes for the purchase of:
- School uniform including coats and shoes;
- School sports kit including footwear;
- Uniform for enrichment activities, including but not limited to, scouts; guides; cadets; martial arts; sports; performing arts or dance;
- Equipment e.g. school bags and stationery;
- Specialist equipment where new curriculum activities begin such as design and technology; and
- Equipment for out of school hour’s trips such as outdoor learning e.g. waterproofs.
- IT equipment, such as mobile phones and tablets, are excluded from this funding.
Who is eligible?
Funding is available to pupils who are eligible for Free School Meals entering:
- Reception class of maintained primary schools in September 2020;
- Year 3 of maintained Primary Schools in September 2020;
- Year 7 of maintained Secondary Schools in September 2020;
- Year 10 of maintained Secondary Schools in September 2020;
- Pupils in special schools, special needs resource bases and pupil referral units who are aged 4,7,11 or 14 in September 2020.
The funding is also available to all looked after children of compulsory school age.
Funding of up to £125 is available to each eligible learner, with those in Year 7 being entitled to a maximum of £200.
How to apply?
- Purchase school uniform and/or equipment from any high street or on-line shop
- Download and complete the form below.
- A separate form for each child is to be completed
- Ensure that you have separate itemised receipt/s to accompany each application form. If the till receipt is not itemised, please provide a list of items purchased with the costs with the receipt
- Photocopy the receipts and send with your completed application form to:
Education Services, PDG Access, Building 2, St David’s Park, Jobs Well Road, Carmarthen SA31 3HB
If you are unable to access the document and / or print, call us on 01267 246589 and we can complete your form over the telephone. You will still need to produce receipts but these can be posted to us.
Closing date for applications is 31st January 2021.